Ladies and gentlemen, we have a new head coach. Auburn hired Bryan Harsin of Boise State on Tuesday, becoming the 27th head coach in Auburn history. Harsin leaves Boise State with a 69-19 coaching record and three Mountain West championships.
Needless to say, Auburn fans everywhere have been relieved and 99% are quite excited about the job. Let’s go on Twitter for reactions:
quotes from new Auburn HC Bryan Harsin, AD Allen Greene and school president Jay Gogue pic.twitter.com/yIkr1xrmih
– Justin Ferguson (@JFergusonAU) December 23, 2020
Welcome to the Auburn family, @CoachHarsin!#WarEagle
– Auburn Football (@AuburnFootball) December 23, 2020
Welcome @CoachHarsin! God Speed and War Eagle. Come see us anytime in Rocket City #SportsHsv
– VarsityMarkRussell (@VarsityPrep) December 23, 2020
Harsin is a great QB developer and will have some talent in that room to work with https://t.co/24vP6iCAf2
– AUNerd (@AUSportsNerd) December 23, 2020
– Kam (@_BigHomieKam) December 23, 2020
Let’s go I’m ready‼ ️
– A3☔️ (@Ahmari_saucy) December 23, 2020
It seems a little aggressive, but if this is true remotely, I can approve this rental. pic.twitter.com/HDNyLrBh38
– Jason Dufner (@JasonDufner) December 23, 2020
THE MURDERER B
Butch Thompson@WarDamnStool pic.twitter.com/gIgulAwSST
– The Jboy Show (@thejboyshow) December 23, 2020
I’m not going to lie, I’m pretty pumped. https://t.co/ryOViHSjz5
– Jêșśičã❤💙 (@JessicaKTx) December 23, 2020
For you @AuburnFootball fans who are too @Titani fans, McNichols, who is also behind Henry and is a good backup dang, is a Boise State / Harsin product. #WarEagle
– Zach Taylor (@ Best5Zach) December 23, 2020
The best thing about hiring Bryan Harsin is that he has absolutely nothing to do with Auburn and yet Auburn actually hired him. Isn’t that just inherently refreshing? Looks like Greene won over the boosters.
– Nathan Deal (@ NattyD13) December 22, 2020
I’m on board with the Harsin rental. Others chose not to. He could have stayed in a safe concert at Boise State, but we invited him and he chose us.
Let’s make it our choice. Choose it. #WarEagle
– John Carvalho (@John_P_Carvalho) December 23, 2020
Be sure to keep your Twitter comment civilian, Auburn fans, otherwise Coach Harsin may hit you with a “Twitiot” pic.twitter.com/mMu6cVH1s7
– Christian Clemente (@CClemente__) December 23, 2020
Bryan Harsin is like RKO out of nowhere! pic.twitter.com/V0xOFmE2ZM
– #BarninHarsin (@BarningKnight) December 23, 2020
I like renting. Damn war eagle I’m actually excited about football again. Let’s take it.
– Spune (@ SayJones18) December 23, 2020
The more I think about it, the more I like hiring. Unbound Auburn coach offensive coach ✅ head coach experience ✅ record winner as head coach ✅ he is not Kevin Steele ✅
– Graham Carr (@ grahamcarr2) December 23, 2020
AUBURN has a YALL football coach !!
Whether you wanted it or not, you have to admit that it feels good !!!
Fresh start, so let’s get along !!
EAGLE OF WAR 😭🙏🏾 pic.twitter.com/TUe5t9ULx7
– The type you shouldn’t worry about (@WOWNowThatsMe) December 23, 2020
Hi all @AuburnFootball fans … we can enjoy the holidays now. Be happy, go ahead!
– Shane Bailey (@ bly4aub) December 23, 2020
Everyone !!!!! Auburn really did that! @AGreeneIV he just put HIS stamp on the Auburn athletic program and what a stamp it is! pic.twitter.com/Jy433qZENl
– regGreg Duckworth🐅 (@ Duck4Auburn) December 23, 2020
Allen Greene, if you have Bryan Harsin, build your own statue.
AD put his foot down on everyone. @AGreeneIV
– Casca UA Guy Helmet (@au_helmet) December 22, 2020
You can get the coach out of Boise, but you can’t get Turf Smurf out of the coach!
(don’t blame me, guilt @CfieldsVFL) pic.twitter.com/CsGoGEYWus
– Clint Richardson (@ Clintau24) December 22, 2020
I really like this hire of coach Harsin. He’s an alpha, he can’t stand the coach’s speech, he’s a heavy-nosed mf’er and he left his alma mater to come and win here. It’s time for Auburn to get some alpha energy and stop being the cute kid in the corner of the block where people throw stones.
– #freesharife Barstool Auburn (@WarDamnStool) December 22, 2020
Mare fan al @CoachHarsin
He has covered his teams several times. Concentrated. Physicality will not be a problem. Direction and organization always on time. The scheme can be successful in the SEC. The staff will obviously go a long way in determining how good the job is, but for now 👍🏼👍🏼
– Cole Cubelic (@colecubelic) December 22, 2020
I love hiring and Harshin never came to mind. The staff will be really interesting to see coming together.
– Auburn Basketball Fan (@wilburchurchill) December 22, 2020
Auburn has been criticized for “Just Auburn Being Auburn” in the last 10 days because of Steele’s mess. He went and hired the most unfortunate coach possible. AKA: Something different. It’s a good thing. That coach has been very successful his entire career. Bryan Harsin is an excellent employee.
– Barrett Sallee (@BarrettSallee) December 22, 2020
The more I read about it, the more I like it. Let’s go by bus @CoachHarsin https://t.co/YyZspR0AJ3
– Sam D (@ SamD702) December 22, 2020
I love hiring Brian Harsin to record.
– Auburn Einstein (@AuburnEinstein) December 22, 2020
Honestly, I’m fine with hiring. Bring in some southern recruiters around him and let’s roll
– Jordan Powell (@Smuphy) December 22, 2020
Harsin has 69 wins at Boise, you say? pic.twitter.com/IFrLXWMOcW
– AU_Propaganda (@AuPropaganda) December 22, 2020
Update your profile already @CoachHarsin 10 minutes have passed, which means 10 years #auburntwitter time. pic.twitter.com/HuXnTVl9XQ
– Lowder Cam Newton (@evil_cam_newton) December 22, 2020
At the moment, I am very pleased with this. https://t.co/TRoZhIKTP6
– All Aubarn All #WeWantKiffin (@AllAubarn) December 22, 2020
He is 69-19 years old as head coach. That would be a nice job. https://t.co/gR6bJy12p3
– Will Kelley (@ aubietiger1928) December 22, 2020
Bryan Harsin wins% 78 Nick Saban wins% 76
– Shane (@ whatshane7said) December 23, 2020
Bryan Harsin, please don’t be a man, yes. Bring your own coaches. Hire who you need to hire, not who BOT thinks you need to hire.
BTW, @CoachWMuschamp is available if you need a good DC. Just saying’.
– Double A, but not Arn Anderson (@PrAaHe) December 23, 2020
NOW BRYAN HARSIN GIVES AUTONOMY
– Basketball school fan (@BenDupreeJR) December 22, 2020
Emergency Bridge: Auburn hires Bryan Harsin of Boise State
– Zac Blackerby (@Zblackerby) December 22, 2020
Welcome #bryanharsin #WarEagle let’s take it !!!
– Jclay (@ AUswag09) December 23, 2020
In fact, I really like Bryan Harsin. It was never on my radar as a legitimate option for obvious reasons and the match still seems strange. But he is younger, an offensive coach, with experience and success. Check the boxes. Let’s just hope he can recruit and build this.
– Company consultant search (@PabloEscobarner) December 23, 2020
Auburn’s QB Committee, @ Dematrius09, spoke. He approves of new employee Bryan Harsin: “69-19? He is a winner, so I am ready for him. “
– Keith Niebuhr (@ Keith247Sports) December 23, 2020
And last but certainly not least, a thread reaction gif for your enjoyment.
AUBURN GOT A COACH
Hit me with your gifs, guys, to get the serotonin that FLOWING
– Head Coach Helpline (@sheabooskyy) December 23, 2020
New energy. The new head coach. Eagle of war!