It was another successful signing day for the Georgia Bulldogs, as Georgia ranked general class no. 3 in the 247Sports Composite ranking.
The Bulldogs signed all 20 commitments and got a 5-star player in Xavian Sorey Jr.
Sorey was one of the 5 star signers in the class, as she is joined by Amarius Mims, Brock Vandagriff and Smael Mondon.
Georgia also signed many of Georgia’s best players, with the Bulldogs scoring seven of Georgia’s top 11 prospects.
“It’s a class closer to home, which is probably led by COVID and more children who want to stay closer to home, and that’s important to us,” said Georgia coach Kirby Smart. “We always say, ‘Take care of the state first.’ I sat here at one of them [signing] a few days before, if that was not the case, and not because we did not present our area at home, but it certainly made it more convenient to take care of the boys, because they wanted to be with their families and have their families so you can come and watch them play.
DawgNation team members Jeff Sentell and Mike Griffith discuss which Bulldogs have the best hit on an immediate impact and who will be the best player in the class in the long run.
The group is also joined by former close-knit group from Georgia, Randy McMichael, to discuss some of the topics and dishes.
Among the other topics in this week’s episode:
- Which players in Georgia benefit the most from the potential comeback
- The last one about Arik Gilbert
- What is left for Georgia to sign in the 2021 recruitment cycle
- What does Georgia mean the loss of De’Jahn Warren to Jackson State for both programs
- Will Georgia try to get revenge on Vanderbilt after they canceled the last game of the season?
- McMichael also shares some of his thoughts on the Georgia season and what’s next.
Cover 4 live shows every Thursday at 7:30 pm ET and can be seen on DawgNation’s Facebook and Youtube pages
More football stories from Georgia around DawgNation